The Executive Committee of the Council consists of 28 members headed by a Chairman. The office bearers comprising of Chairman, three Vice Chairmen ( One representing Employees Association, one Employers Association and as Ex-Officio Chief Inspector of Factories, Gujarat State), Hon.Gen. Secretary and Hon. Joint Secretary cum Treasurer are elected by the Executive Committee members. The Council has also four Regional Conveners at Ahmedabad, Saurashtra/Kutch, Surat and Vadodara
It has over 850 members all over the state comprising industrial organizations, trade unions, professionals etc.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COUNCIL
- To devise effective methods of safety protection and propagate them amongst employers, workers and public at large, in Factories, on Roads, at Homes and on Farms.
- To organize Programs, Lectures, Conferences and other activities on Safety.
- To conduct safety educational campaigns, to arouse public opinion and interest of employers and employees in safety.
- To enlist the cooperation of public and private organizations interested in promotion of safety consciousness .
- To suggest improvements in the Central and State laws to prevent accidents.
- To organize local Safety Centers in the State of Gujarat and to provide them with organizational help and materials to promote safety.